Make Comfort Personal
Traditional heating and cooling systems get the job done. But they can also lead to a number of problems, such as higher energy bills, leaky ductwork, inconsistent temperatures and more.
This is why ductless mini-splits have become the preferred choice for quality heating and cooling. Not only do they avoid the problems of traditional systems, they have also redefined the meaning of personalized comfort.
Create Your Comfort Zone(s)
In the past, people have had to heat and cool every room in their home, even the ones they never use. With today’s multi-zone equipment, one outdoor unit can connect to up to eight indoor units. This is ideal for not only saving energy, but also ending temperature wars at home. Each zone can be independently controlled to ensure everyone stays happy and comfortable. No more fighting over the thermostat or trying to find a compromise that just isn’t possible. With a ductless mini-split in your home, everyone wins!
Why Do We Carry Mitsubishi Electric Mini-Splits?
It’s simple. We want to install the most effective and reliable systems for our customers. When it comes to ductless mini-splits, Mitsubishi Electric is the elite brand. This is why we are proud to be a Diamond Contractor® for Mitsubishi Electric and help our customers extend the warranties on their purchases.
For nearly 40 years, Mitsubishi Electric has been the technology leader in ductless (mini-split) heating and cooling system design. As a market leader in green technology-enabled HVAC systems, Mitsubishi continues to innovate in an effort to reduce the carbon footprint of their products. Efficiency, functionality, reliability and value are the hallmarks of Mitsubishi ductless systems.
Why Are Ductless Mini-Splits Ideal for Ohio Homes?
Compared to traditional systems, ductless mini-splits are better for heating and cooling our homes because:
- They are perfect for colder climates. Even when outside temperatures are as cold as -13 degrees Fahrenheit, Mitsubishi’s HyperHeating INVERTER® (H2i®) technology will keep your home and business comfortable. The all-climate heat pump systems we carry are ideal for climates in the northern half of the United States.
- They use less energy. While traditional systems run in a stop and start cycle, these mini-splits run continuously and make precise adjustments to conserve up to 40 percent more energy! In fact, Mitsubishi’s systems are so energy efficient that a majority of the company’s inverter-driven systems have received ENERGY STAR® certification. Not only will you save on your utility bills each month, but you may also be eligible for federal tax credits and rebates from utility companies and local governments.
- They are versatile. Ductless mini-splits come in a variety of forms, including wall-mounted units, floor-mounted units, ceiling cassettes and air handlers. We’ll take the time to understand your needs and recommend the right system configuration for your home.
- They’re better for your indoor air. Because mini-splits don’t involve ductwork, you won’t need to worry about debris building up in the ductwork and polluting your indoor air. Mini-splits offer advanced filtration capabilities that will help keep your air clean and healthy. The filters included in our Mitsubishi products are washable and last up to 10 years.
- They are the elite solution for luxurious comfort control. Depending on the model you choose, you can see just how far HVAC technology has come. For example, the 3D i-See Sensor™ that’s available on select indoor models will scan each room to produce a thermal profile. The sensor can detect and eliminate hot or cold spots in your home, determine whether the room is occupied and adjust the airflow and temperature accordingly.
- They can be controlled from your phone or other smart device. Kumo Cloud® is the app that operates Mitsubishi mini-splits. You can use the app to control temperatures, adjust fan speeds, create custom schedules, manage the different zones in your home and much more. Even better, you can control your mini-split from anywhere in the world with a WiFi connection.
- They are compatible with voice control systems. Enough said. (See what we did there?)
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a ductless mini-split system?
A ductless heating and cooling system primarily consists of two components: An outdoor unit called a condenser or heat pump and an indoor unit called an evaporator or air handler. The outdoor unit sends heat to the indoor unit in the winter and draws heat from the indoor unit in the summer. The two units are connected by two, small refrigerant lines and electrical wiring. This enables the two units to communicate with each other to provide as much heating and cooling as needed.
Mitsubishi’s advanced all climate heat pump technology also permits their ductless, wall mounted air conditioners and heating systems to provide heat at sub-zero temperatures whereas standard heat pumps cannot.
Why are ducted heating/cooling systems less efficient than other systems?
There are two things that you can count on with traditional ductwork:
- Ductwork leaks air.
- Ductwork decreases efficiency.
The most common ductwork systems in place today are uninsulated, galvanized, steel ducting. While the ductwork is durable and often lasts the lifetime of the home or building, it leaks because the ductwork isn’t completely airtight. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), leaky ductwork can reduce air conditioning efficiency by as much as 20 percent!
Steel ducting is also uninsulated, which means heat is being transferred as your heated or cooled air is traveling through the ductwork. You’ll lose cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter simply because the ductwork isn’t insulated.
Though engineers have devised partial solutions to make ductwork more insulated and energy efficient, they have yet to eliminate the heat loss and gain issues that are inherent with traditional systems. Because ductless mini-splits don’t involve ductwork, they don’t share any of the problems posed by traditional units and, therefore, are more energy efficient.
Why should I choose a Mitsubishi Electric system over other brands?
Mitsubishi introduced all climate heat pump technology in its ductless heating systems in the 1970s. Since that time, they have established themselves as the technology leader in the industry with advancements such as hyper-heat, variable refrigerant flow, wireless remote controls and the 3D i-See temperature sensor.
Mitsubishi’s engineers have developed the most efficient ductless systems in the industry and incorporate green technology in every one of their systems. Their systems are designed for maximum energy efficiency that exceeds government standards. Additionally, their advanced blower systems result in whisper-quiet operation of both the interior and exterior units.
Backed by a 12-year parts warranty, Mitsubishi’s ductless heating and cooling systems are known for their reliability. With proper maintenance, homeowners can expect up to 20 years or more of heating and cooling service from their ductless systems. Industry leading performance, reliability and features ensure that Mitsubishi’s ductless mini-split systems distinguish themselves from the competition and provide you with the peace and comfort you desire in your home.
How much does a ductless system cost?
The cost of a ductless installation by a licensed HVAC contractor varies based on several factors, such as system capacity requirements, ease of installation, equipment options selected and specific customer needs. The average cost for the installation of a single head ductless heating/cooling system starts between $3,000 and $5,000 with multi-head systems costing more.
Jon’s Plumbing & Heating offers free consultations and estimates that are suited to your particular requirements. Our comfort specialists are very thorough in their system analysis process and can give you multiple options to consider based on your needs and preferences.
Can a ductless system work in my older home?
Absolutely! Ductless systems are fantastic solutions for the heating and cooling challenges that older homes possess. Uneven heating/cooling needs, aging ductwork that is undersized and situations when it is either impossible or impractical to run new ductwork are all problems that can be resolved with a ductless mini-split.
Historic homes without any existing ductwork and homes with sophisticated floor plans are other scenarios in which a ductless solution is often the only practical option. Are you tired of losing the ability to open up your window and enjoy the cool night air because you have a window unit in your bedroom window? A ductless system gives you your window back and, even better, it’s whisper quiet!
Download the Product Guide!
For even more information on ductless technology and the products we carry, download this Mitsubishi Electric product guide.
Discover a Whole New Way to Love Your Home
Ductless mini-splits have raised the standards for optimal home comfort. Not only can you control different zones independently, but you can also save a significant amount of money in the process! We would be happy to discuss your options with you and help you find the perfect fit for you and your family.
To learn more about the ductless mini-splits we install or to schedule a free consultation and estimate, contact us online or call Jon’s Plumbing & Heating at 740-392-5667 today.